Friday, January 12, 2007

Bad Ass Butt Wigglin Friday

When I was studying for finals my first semester of my first year of law school I would find the most amazing things to distract myself. I watched the washing machine osculate through the entire cycle...just to make sure it actually worked. I scrubbed the grout in my bathroom. I mopped my garage floor. ANYTHING to prevent me from sitting at my desk studying Contracts.

I'm back at that same place. I am having a hell of a time getting into the groove. Granted, I have a lot more real world distractions now than I did then, but still. Yesterday I decided I couldn't study when I was within walking distance to a couch...so I went to a coffee shop. I ended up people watching for about 2 hours.

Top that off with the fact that I'm feeling completely worthless and lazy and unmotivated and fat and ugly and rejected and generally gross and absolutely nothing is getting done. So...taking a page out of PBW's book, I decided I needed motivation music.

You know the music. The music that makes your butt wiggle. The music that makes you feel like you can take on the world. The music that makes you feel like you are the star in your own movie. The music that makes you feel sexy, makes you feel beautiful, makes you feel smart, makes you feel like a bad ass. Here's my bad ass mix...for those who wonder.

Long Jacket - Cake
You Shook Me - Etta James
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake (Don't mock me...this song makes my butt wiggle)
Sexy Plexi - Jack Johnson
Extraordinary Machine - Fiona Apple
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Cold Hard Bitch - JET
Float On - Modest Mouse
Gold Digger - (Feat. Jamie Foxx) Kanye West
Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynard
Pride And Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Good Golly Miss Molly - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Night Time Is The Right Time - Ray Charles
426 - The Bleeders (Someday...for now I have to make do with the 383)
American Bad Ass - Kid Rock
Baby I Love You - Aretha Franklin
21 Things I Want In A Lover - Alanis Morissette
1 Bourbon, 1 Scotch, 1 Beer - George Thorogood
Hair of the Dog - Nazareth
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Boom Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker
Life in the fast lane - Limp Bizkit
Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster - Ghetto Boys (I love this movie too)

Now I have to go study...again. But I'm in a much better mood. And I have my own personal soundtrack. AND spell check is working again. Whoo hoo! Happy Friday y'all.

8 comments:

Sean said...

that's one helluva interesting mix.

bslawg said...

I'm one helluva interesting mix too. Psycoanalyze that one!

Trouble said...

Great list, I love it.

Sean said...

can't. too busy inspecting my own belly button to inspect anyone else's

twobuyfour said...

I'm with you. I don't like (or even know) all of your selections, but music has always been better at altering my mood than drugs.

Plus, it's usually cheaper.

Chris said...

Good luck with the studying.

bslawg said...

Sean...um...yeah. How's that goin for ya?

2x - pfft...my soundtrack rocks. But it is a little heavy on the girl power music...so I'll give you some slack for not liking it. And I agree...much better than drugs.

Thanks Chris...I need it.

SBS said...

Alright....the washing machine thing is just sad.....almost as sad as the Timberlake thing.....But, it's okay cause the rest of the list rocks. Go study now. Go on. Step away from the computer......

:)