Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm Baaaack


Well, I'm back. Close to 3000 miles later I've come full circle. Now I'm desperately behind on my blogging, I have about a million things to say, and all I really want to do is sleep in my own bed for a while. Unfortunately there is no rest for the wicked. Here's the summary of what I learned on my trip:

1. Tourist attractions generally hold my interest for about three minutes. I'm much more of an "off the road" kinda girl. I met some fantastic people while traveling through the small towns, but didn't particularly care for the things that the road-signs told me I should like.

2. My ability to get a cell phone signal is directly related to my ability to get a good cup of coffee. Sprint is in it with the Colombians. I knew it.

3. Always order the special at the diner. Even if you don't think you'll like it, it will be the best thing they have going that day.

4. A black pillow case helps you not forget your pillow in a hotel room.

5. The ability to change a tire will attract all sorts of hot cowboys in rural Colorado. It will not, however, prevent them from calling you "little lady".

6. Road sex is much more fun with a partner.

7. When towing a classic car in a big ass truck, men who stop you at the gas station will always comment about your "husband's car".

8. The great midwest inspires me to become the uni-bomber, and live in a shack in the mountains. If I could guarantee I would have cell phone coverage, internet and good coffee I'd probably do it in a heartbeat.

But it feels good to be home for a bit. I head out again in a week, but in the meantime I have laundry to do, a truck to unpack and road grime to scrape off my body.

10 comments:

Trouble said...

Welcome home. I never much minded being called "little lady" by hot cowboys. ;)

bslawg said...

Thanks Trouble. I must admit that at the time, the could have called me pretty much anything they wanted. I had forgotten how much I like hot cowboys.

Oh, and they actually tipped their hats!

Megan said...

yea those colorado cowboys are great...that is why i went out and 'roped' me one!

Sean said...

you should've called. we could've had a colorado bloggers' dinner. i'm still cranky about not being able to partake in the fun when trouble goes to the burgh.

Sean said...

oh. and thanks for the black pillow case idea. they always look at me funny in ikea when i buy their pillows by the 10 count.

bslawg said...

Sean, had I realized I had Colorado readership we would have TOTALLY gone to Casa Bonita. I'm such a child.

Sorry I missed you though. If you're ever up north let me know. We'll do northland blogger party.

bslawg said...

oh SB...you really shouldn't. Here's helpful hint number 39. Pee before you read.

SBS said...

Welcome home!!! I missed ya!!

Hot cowboys....good....very good indeed....

Sprint and the Columbians....bad....very bad indeed....

Luckily, I had heard of helpful hint number 39 prior to reading!!

Megan said...

casa bonita...fun times!

Trouble said...

OMG Casa Bonita! Worst food in the world, but the funnest place, EVER.