Friday, June 16, 2006

On the Road

Ok, here I am, on the road. I'm actually in a place that has internet! My cell phone still doesn't work, but I have net damn it.

As I stumbled out of my room in search of a decent cup of coffee this morning (which I have yet to find by the way), the lovely hotel management had left a USA Today at my doorstep. Headline of the day? Justices allow no-knock searches.

WHAT THE HELL??? I don't want to get into a political debate. Politics are not supposed to be involved. This is purely a legal issue. From a legal perspective, this overturns 250 years of precedence. NO KNOCK SEARCHES??? What the fuck people? Do you have any idea what this means? Do you have any clue how many of the fundamental rights to privacy just evaporated?

Now, in all fairness, I have not had a decent cup of coffee. Some of you know how well I don't function without coffee. I haven't read the opinion, the concurring opinion or the dissent. I don't know the limits of the opinion. I don't know how far they actually pushed it. But I do know that with a headline like that I'm very tempted to point the truck north to Canada and keep goin.

Today I take off once more for great parts of the midwest. I'll post pics when I get back, but so far I've seen landmarks, memorials, national parks, roadkill, and I bought the coolest pair of panties that say "I got it in Sturgis 2006".

Oh yeah, and from the brief blog surfing I did last night I read at least a couple indications that people are considering cutting their blogs. QUIT IT!!! If you disappear I'll hunt you down and run you over. I'd miss you all.

More later!

4 comments:

Osquer said...

Law Girl: Let me know what you find out about the No Knock Searches. I find that very disturbing! Do they have any idea what a Pandora's Box (can of worms) they've opened? Yikes!

On a better note, I'm glad your journey is going well so far. Can't wait to see some pics! You should model the panties for us!

bslawg said...

lol no modeling going on here! I may post a pic though...they are cute.

I've got some serious research to do on the search issue when I get home. It's a doozy of an issue.

SBS said...

Hey bslawg...hope you have coffee soon.... Please keep us up to date on the no knock search...I didn't read the article...do they still need a warrant?

Sean said...

awesome. thanks for the update!