Wednesday, May 31, 2006

All I Really Want is Everything

In March I went on a long winded rant about Mr. Stonecold and what I wanted in a relationship. Pghguy brought up an interesting thought in his post today when he FINALLY posted (jk).

Here's what I want in a relationship:

I don't want to get married. I don't want to live with him. I don't want him to live with me. I don't want to know where he is every second of every day. I don't want to have to tell him where I am every second of every day. I don't want to fight over holidays. I don't want to get pissed that he forgot our anniversary. We don't have an anniversary. I don't want one. I don't want him to tell me I spent too much money on my new shoes. I don't want to get mad that he dropped $200 on video games. I don't want to do his laundry, clean his house, pay his bills, make his dinner, take his dry-cleaning in to the cleaners, or run any other stupid errands for him. I don't want to be his mother, ex-girlfriend, or wife without the diamond.

I do want someone who wants to be with me because of who I am and not just because I'm available. I want someone who I look forward to spending time with. I want someone that calls me because he's thinking of me and not because he feels like he has to. I want someone who will make me want to be a better person. I want someone where I'm not worried that he is out screwing around with someone else.

I want someone who will comfort me when I'm sad, pick me up when I'm feeling down, and cheer me on when I'm feeling unworthy. I want someone I can snuggle with. I want someone I can fall asleep with, but not have to sleep with every night. I want someone who will think about me throughout the day, but not sit outside my building and wait for me to get off work. I want someone who has friends I don't know. I want someone who likes my friends. I want someone who thinks I'm pretty. I want someone who wants to sleep with me because he finds me sexy and attractive. I want someone who thinks my skin is soft and my eyes are the most amazing blue he has ever seen. I want someone to kiss me when I walk in the door and tell me he missed me. I want someone to have sex with more than once a week. I want someone who doesn't think sex has to be done with the lights off. I want someone who doesn't think kinky sex is when the lights are on.

Since then, I've added the following:

I want someone who appreciates the difference between freshly ground coffee and Foldgers. But he can't be so prissy that he won't drink bad coffee around a campfire. I want someone who will play video games with me, drink gin and tonics on the patio with me, and know the answer to 15 down in the NY Times Sunday crossword puzzle. I want him to be equally comfortable taking me out to eat sushi, as he is taking me to the greasy spoon for biscuits and gravy.

I want someone who will not only hear me, but listen to me. I want someone who is in touch enough to know what he wants. I want someone who will put the toilet seat down when he's done. I want someone who can squish a bug, but feel kind of bad once its done.

So Mr. Wonderful...where are you?

5 comments:

bslawg said...

See, I knew I wasn't the only one! I settled once too. Took me 8 years to figure it out.

I won't settle again. Unfortunatly it may mean I'll end up being the crazy single cat lady. And I don't particularly care for cats.

Osquer said...

You do deserve everything! I settled - twice. I hope I can be as strong as you and not do it again.

There has to be someone out there who will be into me. Someone I can talk to. Someone creative. Someone who can see my point of view and share his own with me. Someone who gets me. That's what I really need. Most of the rest is negotiable.

SBS said...

What a fantastic post! My fingers are crossed that you find him....soon....
:)

julie said...

When you find this guy... and you will... be sure to refer his twin brother to me.

bslawg said...

Julie, believe me dear...if there aren't more than one of them when I find him he will be cloned! I will be rich...bwa ha ha ha ha.