Friday, January 05, 2007

Half the Battle

I need a new post. I don't really have anything to say. I don't really feel like blogging. I don't really feel like doing anything. But I need a new post. So it's time to go through the motions, even if the motions are just that...motions.

In an attempt to find something that will occupy my mind and keep me from laying on the couch curled up in the fetal position all day, I have discovered the glories of the Wii. As an admitted technogeek, of course the Wii was acquired at my earliest convenience. It also helps that I have direct contacts within the company thus preventing me from standing in lines to get said console. I am now completely addicted to Zelda. I'm loving the ability to physically strike at my opponents with the controllers. I think I may have dislocated my shoulder and sprained my wrist, but its a fantastic escape.

So today begins the bar study routine. Ugh. I need to scour the half priced bookstores in hopes that I can find the books I need. Which requires me to get dressed and leave the couch. Going through the motions. That's half the battle, right?

6 comments:

Sean said...

damn you! i've been trying to find the wii for awhile now. and the snow screwing up the shipments isn't helping any.

bslawg said...

Ha ha ha...I had mine on December 21st too. Seriously though, if you're still having problems let me know, I may be able to pull some strings for ya.

Sean said...

oh, i'm definately still having problems, but i'm not sure how much i NEED a wii. i just want. because, you know. i'm all about instant gratification. the bad part is that i REALLY don't game much, but for some reason, i keep thinking saying that's only because i've never played on the right system yet.

good luck with the bar. better luck with the healing.

Paperback Writer said...

I'm patient. I'll wait for the Wii.

Currently, the household is addicted to Elder Scrolls on the XBox 360. Loki has finished it (logging in at over a 100+ hours) and he's still finding dungeons!

The Wii isn't on our priority and until the PS3 comes down in price, neither will that system!

Oh, and double word on Sean's second comment. Take your time. We'll be here.

SBS said...

OK. I have no clue what the wii is. How under a rock does that make me???

And, yes, good luck on the bar and better luck on the healing, as Sean so wonderfully said.

My counselor used to say "Fake it til you make it". I thought that was sorta funny. So, there you go. That's my advice....fake it til you make it......

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Trouble said...

Tylenol PM was a huge help to me, as well, because I'd do okay during the day when I had things to focus on, but I would cry at night when it was quiet and I was lonely.

Just do what you need to do to get through the days. It will get better. One day you will wake up and realize that you have much less stress. Go running. Meet friends for dinner. Do things, even if you don't really want to.