Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday Meme

Thanks to all who responded to my post below...I really would like as much input as possible, so if you haven't commented yet, please do. I'd put in a handy dandy link, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee and that is entirely too difficult for my uncaffinated mind right now.

So...in an effort to blog and because I found it incredibly interesting...I tagged myself with PBW's latest meme...the Bookworm Tag,

1. Books that changed my life:
1L - Scott Turow
The Rich Get Richer, the Poor Get Prison - Jeffrey Reiman
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee - Dee Brown
Horton Hears a Who - Dr. Seuss

2. Book you’ve read more than once
Cryptonomicon - Neil Stephenson

3. Book you’d want on a deserted island
Cryptonomicon - Neil Stephenson
Perhaps the greatest book of all times. The ending begs a sequel, but after the Baroque Trilogy, I don't know if Stephenson is focused in that direction anymore. I hear he is teaming up with Gaimon for his next effort though...that would be awesome.

4. Book that made you laugh
Straight Man - Richard Russo
Good Omens - Neil Gaimon
I can't just pick one book here. That's not fair.

5. Book that made you cry
Possession - A.S. Byatt

6. Book that you wish you had written
Good Omens - Neil Gaimon
Everything Neil Stephenson wrote except Zodiac

7. Book that you wish had never been written
Anything by John Grisham. I can honestly say I'm simply not a big fan. I think he's singlehandly mutilated the genre of legal fiction.

8. Book that you are reading at the moment
A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
I'm still in my uber geek phase after finishing the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Martin isn't as captivating as Jordan. And honestly, I'm not much of a fantasy fan.

9. Book you’ve been meaning to read
Bable Tower- A.S. Bayatt.
I've started this book about 10 times. I know once I get over the initial confusion it will be awesome, but I just can't get into it.

10. Book you read in one sitting
I read most books in one sitting. Books are like movies, you can't stop a movie in the middle and go do something else, so how can you put a book down and go do something else? But the last one I actually read without dog earing a page was American Gods by Gaimon.

11. Book you didn’t quite get
Theories of Advanced Property Jurisprudence - Lawton
But that was a text book. As far as actual books? Probably the DeVinci Code. I got the book, I understood the story, but I can't for the life of me understand why it was such a big deal. There are so many better written books on more controversial issues that have been written. I just don't get the hype.

12. Three authors whose books you will always buy or read, no questions asked
Neil Stephenson
Neil Gaimon
Scott Turow

13. Forget the book and just watch the movie
Never. If I wouldn't read the book I wouldn't watch the movie. If I'm going to watch the movie I always read the book first. It's a rule.

Since I tagged myself, feel free to tag yourself. Thanks PBW, this was a blast. It made me go through my mental bookshelf. Now I miss my books. *Sigh*.

2 comments:

Trouble said...

I'm tagging myself because I can't help it...I love me teh books.

bslawg said...

Yeah!!!