Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Vortex Coming


Swirls of time pulled thin to the point of breaking. An artificial time watch ticking down the seconds until the buzzer rings. I feel pressed for time, when at this point I have nothing but time left.

Adult discussions with Stonecold are happening at a dizzying pace. They make my head spin. They make my stomach lurch. They make my eyes leak. And I want nothing more than to be able to capture them all here so that in the months of solitude that stretch before me I have a thread of him to grasp.

But the thoughts are spinning. I can't contain them long enough to pin them down to the black marks on the white page. He is leaving. The brief view of solidity in the mess of confusion.

We have re-traced, with light fingers and testing minds, the path of the past year. We have discussed misunderstandings that occurred along the way. We have alluded to shadows of what may be ahead. But for now it is all a swirl.

6 comments:

Chris said...

I think it will be a big swirl until he's gone. Then it will be another swirl of recovery. Then maybe you can sort it out.

Paperback Writer said...

I have to agree with chris. A swirl, a roller coaster, a vortex, whatever. It's going to be a hectic and emotionally draining time for you, my dear.

Mike said...

Your vortex doesn't look nearly as enjoyable as the latte one. I hear you, though. I'm in the recovery vortex, myself, saving money for some good dependable tires!

Maybe I'll see you on the other side!

bslawg said...

Chris - With all the swirls I need dramamine.

PBW - Yeah...I know. It sucks.

Mike - Nice to see you here...not nearly as enjoyable as latte. Then again, tires aren't as good as latte either.

SBS said...

shadows of what may be ahead?????????????

bslawg said...

That's right dear...shadows. I don't know yet. I don't know that I want to know. Shadows are scary.