Thursday, September 28, 2006

Disclaimer Made, No Blame Laid

I'm warning you right now, gagfest ahead.


You can stop reading now.


And I couldn't get spell check to work.


And I was kinda distracted while typing this.


Last chance to back out.


You were warned.


So, my "non-boyfriend/emotionally unavailable manfriend/guy who's leaving any day now" is absolutly dreamy. We've hung out the last three days. We've spent more time together in the past three days than I think we did the entire first year we knew each other. But I digress.

Neither one of us had work today. So we had coffee with Ms. Twinkie this morning. Then we were going to clean out his garage, but we decided we were cold and needed to warm up first. Uh hua...we got warm.

And then we spent the rest of the day...just...together. We had coffee, we snuggled, we browsed around various bookstores all afternoon. We found books on physics. I found a book I've been hunting for weeks. I found a book on cd that I can listen to while I'm knitting. We found books on making potato cannons. We just played. It was the most perfectly amazing wonderful day in the history of wonderful days.

I don't know what I'm doing. I know he's leaving. I know he's kept me at arms length for the past year for a reason. See, we have this agreement. There are ground rules. Neither one of us is supposed to become emotionally attached. When the situation changes we are to inform the other party. (I know...shut up...I'm a lawyer). I informed him a few weeks ago. We've had that discussion. On my part. He's pretty much said we won't have that discussion on his part. I know he cares. I know he gives a rats ass...but damn.

Here's the confusing twist of the day. Ready? He asked me to go to dinner with him the second week of October. That's right. He asked me last night. And then today he asked if he could borrow my iron so he could iron a shirt for our "big dinner out". So is this a date, or are we just going to dinner? If it's just going to dinner why are we going someplace fancy and getting all dressed up? Trust me...he's not the gettin dressed up fancy dinner kinda guy. I mean, he CAN be, and looks fantastic doing it, it's just not what he prefers. But if it is a date then isn't that kinda changing things? Or is that simply a recognition of the changes that have already happened? I just really need to know whether I need to get my nails done.

It's more my confusion than confusion in reality. We go to dinner all the time. We hang out all the time. Dinner isn't an odd thing. The odd thing is the fancy part and the part where he's actually asking me weeks in advance. But in reality, it's just dinner.

OH YEAH...AND, his friend is having a birthday party at the bar tomorrow night. She called to tell him about it and told him that we were invited. WE. We have become the "We". She invited "US". "We" have become "US" somehow. I'm getting dizzy.

But he is dreamy. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

bslawg said...

Footnote****

His hair is still yellow. And evidently it's not a date and we're not "we" or "us". Twit.

Typical.

Osquer said...

(((hugs))) honey! I don't know what else to say.

Jericho said...

Ignore him, of course.

Trouble said...

ugh. I was happy for you, until the footnote. Now I just want to slug him (again).

Chris said...

I would say he wants to make a fancy goodbye. It's cruel in showing you what you do not have with him and what is leaving. And it is also cruel in getting you confused and having your mind wander the opposite direction. But fuck it. Either way, it's ending. I say enjoy the fuck out of it whatever it is then say goodbye.