Saturday, July 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Mr. Stonecold


I find myself blogging less and less these days. I don't really know why. It could be because I miss pghguy. It could be because I'm not pissed at Mr. Stonecold right now. It could be because the weather is beautiful and I've been outside a lot. It could be because I'm a lazy piece of crap and I've been re-reading the Ender's series. I know...I'm a geek.

Today was Mr. Stonecold's birthday. We took the kids to the amusement park. It was a blast. We really had a great time.

Mr. Stonecold got a new niece on Thursday. Well...his sister-in-law gave birth to a child. We're not entirely shure it's his brother's. I'm pretty sure it's not. Mr. Stonecold is the one who told me he didn't think the baby was "one of the family". His brother thinks she looks like him because she's got his feet. Uh hua. Ok.

It's got Mr. Stonecold pretty pissed. I don't really know why he's so pissed about it, but he's all sorts of riled up. I have a hunch...but I'll keep that to myself for a while. He'll tell me in time.

With my line of work I'm used to the "baby mama drama" on a daily basis. Just about the time I think human behavior can't shock me anymore, it does. But with that, as with all balance in the universe, the kindness and depth of human giving shocks me on a daily basis as well. I love what I do for that fact. I'm never bored. I'm never able to say I've seen it all. And daytime TV has nothing on my daily life.

With that, I will give one piece of advice. I don't care how much you love each other. I don't care how much you trust each other. Get a genetic test - married or not - before you leave the hospital with your new baby. Just because you think you're the dad...or the baby has your feet doesn't mean shit. Trust me.


PS. He's not really old or small. I just thought the pic was funny.

4 comments:

SBS said...

The pic is quite commical!

Paperback Writer said...

Don't worry about not blogging so much.

Loki and I spent the day with our friend's energetic three year old. Whew! I should be asleep.

Chris said...

I miss pghguy too.

SBS said...

yeah, me too...