Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Random Dead Milkmen Reference


Seriously, I do not do well reading minds. I don't know if I just wasn't standing in line when God handed out that talent, but it seems everyone in the world can do it but me.

Generally I'm pretty good at reading people. My bullshit meter is pretty sensitive. I generally know when someone likes me, hates me, or doesn't give a shit about me. But even that isn't going well right now.

If I didn't know better I'd think Mr. Stonecold was starting to actually show *gasp* emotion. But, I know better, so I have no idea whats going on. Today we went to the park. With his sister. And his niece. He played on the jungle gym. He rode her bike. He pushed other little kids on the swing. Um...ok.

I don't care how jaded and bitter you are, that's about the sweetest damned thing in the world. I'm not kidding. Kids love this man. He had random kids running up to him and begging him to push them on the swing. I couldn't even talk. All I could do is sit there and watch in awe. Mr. Stonecold. The man with no emotions was pushing the cute little blond girl on the swings. It was all I could do not to hug him when we had to leave.

Now, my biological clock is not ticking. At times I wonder if its dead. But jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick, if that doesn't set the alarm off nuthin will.

I wonder why. Why did he take me to the park with him and his sister and his niece? Why does he keep telling me that every woman I try to fix him up with is not what he is looking for? Why does he look at me like he does? I know it's not emotion, I know he doesn't have feelings. But damn...

Like I said, not so good at the ESP right now.

9 comments:

SBS said...

There is not much sexier than a guy who is good with kids....

Osquer said...

I don't know the backstory on Mr. Stonecold, but one moment of cute could easily be a fluke. He may be able to show emotions with kids because they're not a threat. If he shows them to you, he has to deal with your reaction.

Maybe you should have him push you on the swings.

SBS said...

Wise words, osquer...

SBS said...

I hate the word verification thing, by the way....I always forget to do it...and then I type it wrong....ugghhh....I am like an elephant in a room full of gazelles....

SBS said...

not complaining or anything....just sayin'
:)

bslawg said...

Osquer - I think you nailed it right on the head. (ok, that sounds sexual but it's not meant to be). Kids aren't a threat. It's ok to be emotional with kids. Adults...that's another story.

SBS, I agree. Totally the sexiest thing ever.

And I hate word verification too...maybe I'll turn it off later.

Trouble said...

I don't think he's different from a lot of guys in that, though. I think some men are raised to suppress their emotions. it's okay to show affection to children, but "unmanly" to show affection to an adult.

Maybe he likes you, and like the kid who kicked you in the shins in 2nd grade, is a typically emotionally retarded male and doesn't know how to show it?

I'll tell you, the chef is EXTREMELY expressive and emotional. but, he's told me, repeatedly, that if I'd met him before his ex-wife crushed his heart like a bug, our story would probably have ended very differently.

by the way, please, please, please consider coming to the burgher blog meet next week if you can. I'd love to meet you.

bslawg said...

Trouble as always you crack me up. I have no idea what's going on. I never really have with him though, so it's not really new.

I thought you were going to be in PA until Thursday. I don't get in until Thursday. If you're still in town we will totally go grab gin and tonics together.

Trouble said...

Well, I leave town on Thursday around 5:30 p.m. Maybe I can meet you for a G&T somewhere between Oakland and the airport on the way out of town. You can e-mail me at pillars_of_color at yahoo dot com if you want to meet up.