Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Speed of Life


One month ago today he told me I was beautiful.
One month ago today he told me the sound of my voice made him believe in fate.
One month ago today he told me he could believe in fairy tales.
One month ago today he told me he wanted to be the man to prove all men weren't evil.
One month ago today he told me he wanted to breath in my sighs of passion.
One month ago today he told me the sunrise we watched together would be the first of many.
One month ago today he told me to believe in hope.
One month ago today he told me I was loved.

One month ago today I believed in forever.
One month ago today I had faith in tomorrow.
One month ago today I had a man who loved me.
One month ago today I wanted a life I had forgotten was possible.
One month ago today I had no doubt.
One month ago today I had no fear.
One month ago today I was filled with joy.

Today he is buried.
Today he no longer occupies his body.
Today he becomes a stone, marking his place in the ground.

Today I cried.
Today I have to say goodbye.
Today I have to keep living.
Today I have nothing but memories.
Today I have loss.
Today I have the tomorrow I can no longer take for granted.

5 comments:

SBS said...

beautiful.....he would be proud....I remember when he commented about how much he liked it when you opened up in posts....

Trouble said...

You are beautiful, you know. Nothing he said has ceased to be true because of the circumstances in which he said it or because he is gone. Don't give up on love. I don't think he'd want that.

I think he'd want to feel he reminded you of some things that perhaps you've forgotten, and that his influence made you want to find those things for real.

Just my opinion, of course.

bslawg said...

You both are very right. Maybe a little to personal for what the blog has become, but I needed to be sad today. I needed to grieve.

Thanks ladies.

Trouble said...

I don't think it was too personal, at all. I'd rather read something real, any day of the week, than what passes for journaling online in many places.

Chris said...

Omg. I'm just catching up. This is horrible. I am so sorry.